Stop RFID Signals So Your Credit Card Info is Safe
RFID Skimming is a form of digital theft, which enables information from RFID based smart cards to be read and duplicated. It can be used as a form of wireless identity theft or credit card theft among the other forms of information theft.Typically it works by illegitimate reading of RFID chips at a distance using a RFID reader device, which downloads the card information. From there, it can be written to a new blank card, which then operates in the same manner as the original legitimate card. Because the data is identical on both cards, and the information is only copied, it makes no difference if the original data is encrypted or not.
Identity theft is at an all time high!! Unless properly shielded, your card based data is readily available when any active reader is in range.
Our RFID Blocking products protect your cards from unwanted capture of the data they hold. RFID chips are in many different cards such as:
- Credit or debit cards (MC PayPass, VISA PayWave, AMEX expresspay, INTERAC Flash, etc)
- Enhanced driver's license, hunting and fishing license
- Access security cards, employee cards, school ID's
- Health insurance and medical ID's
- Gift cards, membership and library cards
- Transit and parking passes
Watch this video and see how easy it is for your credit card info to be stolen
Disclaimer: No RFID protection is 100% effective in all circumstances due to the constant changing in technology.